Principal Transport Planner/Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
DTA is looking for someone to provide maternity cover for one of our Principal Consultants for around 12 months from July 2021. We are interested in hearing from prospective candidates from Senior Consultant grade through to Associate before deciding how to best fill the role. We are looking for someone to perform the day-to-day responsibility of delivering development planning projects.
Our projects are extremely varied covering a broad range of size and sector, including large mixed-use developments.
Some presence in the office (subject to government restrictions) would be required, but this would not necessarily be all worked hours.
Whilst throughout the maternity cover period, we expect the role to be a “full time” position, we are happy to consider a more flexible arrangement either in terms of weekly hours or input on a “call on/call off” basis as project work dictates for the right candidate or candidates.
We would welcome applications with up to date CVs. If you wish to understand the opportunity in more detail before applying, please call 01564 793598 and ask to speak with Simon Parfitt.
You will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff.
The workload of the team is diverse, including:
- Extensive capability and understanding of Transport Development Planning and Policy
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Transport Strategies and Access Studies for development and regeneration projects
- Highway design, including public realm schemes, junction and road designs, cycle infrastructure
- Preparation of Environmental Statements
Skills / Qualifications
In order to effectively carry out the key responsibilities the following minimum requirements will need to be demonstrated by candidates:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in transport planning (ideally a minimum of 8 years; 12 years+ preferred)
- Management of development planning projects
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Sorry, no recruitment agencies.